- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WBOY-TV in Clarksburg, WV is seeking a Broadcast Engineer with strong IT skills who can help maintain technical facilities and be responsible for the computer networks and equipment in a very busy TV station.
This job will entail system and component-level maintenance of broadcast microwave and/or satellite receiving equipment, Adobe non-linear editing systems, video encoders, and server-based storage solutions as well as installation, repair, and maintenance of sophisticated digital audio and video broadcast equipment at local or remote sites and be responsible for aiding in the computer networks and IT infrastructure equipment.
• Provide technical support to end-users as required with a good ''customer service'' attitude.
• Reading and understand electronic schematics and system diagrams. Organize and document quality standards, System anomalies, Operational procedures, Reference materials, and Project work.
• Maintains IT broadcast technology and equipment for the station, remote locations, and transmitter sites.
• Support, diagnose, and troubleshoot studio, production, and digital television systems including RF, video, audio, cameras, switchers, routers, digital video servers, on-air automation, and STL/TSL systems.
• Basic understanding of IP Working knowledge of multiple LAN/VLAN/WAN/VPN networking setups, Video over IP, RTMP, ACL, BGP, and VOIP technologies.
• Ensure software license compliance and all software versions are up to date.
• Perform general facility maintenance such as basic handyman jobs, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
• Works closely with Chief Engineer to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Must be able to kneel, lift, and move up to 50lbs. Must be able to work on ladders and work in confined spaces as required in performing job tasks. Prolonged standing may be required.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
• A good attitude and willingness to learn is essential.
• Perform any other job-related duties as required.
• Qualification/Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• Two-year technical degree, preferably electronics and or information technology; equivalent is acceptable. Society of Broadcast Engineers certified and/or IT certified candidates are preferred.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.