WBAL is a multi-platform local media leader, Baltimore's NBC Affiliate, and has been on the air over 75 years. WBAL has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. You will support all station efforts in-house and on remote location. You will report to the Assistant Chief Engineer.
• Operating robotic cameras, audio console and all related audio systems including wireless equipment
• Technical directing duties including switcher operation, graphics systems and media playout systems
• Master control duties including automation ingest and playout, following FCC compliance rules and graphics system operations
• Studio floor directing, including moving, maintaining appearance of and handling of props, sets and floors
• Maintain and operate studio lighting system with ability to climb ladders to maintain fixtures
• Assisting with remote and in-house production
• Participate in regular system reboots and tier 1 troubleshooting of control room and studio equipment
• Other duties as assigned.
A thorough knowledge, understanding, and familiarity of the essential job functions must be the primary goal within the first 120-180 days. An ongoing effort to gain a holistic overview of broadcast operations, systems, operations, and workflow is essential.
• Work well in a team environment, communicate effectively, professionally, and respectfully while maintaining a positive attitude in high pressure situations
• A strong attention to detail, computer literate, and should possess good technical understanding of equipment
• Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines while adhering to corporate standards, policies, and procedures
• Must be willing to work any shift assigned including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Lift 50 pounds
• This is an IBEW Union position and requires union membership
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy2kx-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.