WB Games Inc. is looking to hire an Infrastructure Engineer for the Avalanche Software studio. The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of reliable, scalable technology systems in direct support of game development activities. The Infrastructure Engineer ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to industry standards and support business goals.
Duties will include provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This position will be based in Salt Lake City.
• Plan, implement and maintain IT systems in support of short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure meets current and future requirements
• Participate in the selection and/or development of IT tools to meet the business needs of WB Games developers, central WBG IT organization, and the executive team.
• Serve as subject matter expert in the configuration and use of IT systems used directly as well as in support of the game production pipeline.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all server, storage and virtualized systems across all WB Games locations.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Minimum 7 years relevant IT system engineering and design experience, including advanced design/administration of complex multi-user information systems.
• Minimum Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
• Experience with configuration and management of industry-standard software development tools (ie, source control, bug/task tracking, build management, distributed computing environments)
• In-depth experience with server virtualization such as VMware vCenter Server or vSphere
• In-depth SAN/NAS experience including storage virtualization, multi-site replication, and application integrations such as NetApp On Perm/On cloud, etc.
• Hands-on experience with Solarwinds, as applied to server infrastructure, virtualization, and storage monitoring and maintenance.
• Hands on scripting experience using PowerShell, Python, etc, and automating repetitive tasks.
• Familiarity with Microsoft server technology stack (Active Directory, Exchange, MS SQL, SharePoint). Must have 2+ years hands-on experience with at least 2 of the above products.
• Familiarity with networking infrastructure related devices, switches, routers and Wi-Fi, related to interconnectivity between Storage and virtual environments
• Familiarity with M365, Slack, Gsuite and any other SaaS environments.
• Familiarity with Cloud environments / AWS
• Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail and quality of work.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Strong technical skill set and ability to learn innovative technologies quickly.
• Strong project management, prioritization, and coordination skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and follow-through.
• Solid problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
• Strong skill set in technical and user documentation.
• Previous game development support is a big plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1y6o-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.