WAVY-TV/WVBT FOX, the dominant NBC/FOX combo serving Hampton Roads Virginia and NE North Carolina is seeking and experienced Production Manager to join our leadership team. This person will motivate and continually train and evaluate the team while maintaining a positive, inclusive, and accountable environment. The ideal candidate is well organized, a natural leader, who is a technical whiz not afraid to experiment with new ideas, has an eye for quality, and can clearly communicate to improve quality and workflow. Come join one of the strongest teams in the country.
The Production Director is responsible for:
• Provides training and direction to the production staff
• Assist in upkeep of studio and production sets and properties
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Directs newscasts
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Knowledge of professional audio/video and staging techniques, facilities, and equipment
• Knowledge of professional audio and/or video editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards
• Ability to formulate broadcast programming concepts and to plan, develop, and implement live and/or pre-recorded television programs
• Knowledge of television programming concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques
• Strong leadership skills
• Oversees and plans department budget
• Willing to work a variety of shifts and long hours on occasion.
Requirements & Skills:
• BA or BS degree in Communications or Mass Communications with an emphasis on Television Production or related experience preferred
• Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted based on one years of experience equals one year of education
• Minimum of two years of television directing experience
• Working knowledge of television production techniques and extensive experience with Ross Overdrive automation is necessary
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Manager must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Production Manager must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to climb 12' ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Must have a valid driver's license.
To be considered for this job you must apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar. No calls. Pre-employment background & DMV check.
To be considered for this job you must apply online. Please remember to upload a copy of your cover letter and resume and include links to your demo reel in your resume or cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zmz9-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.