- Full Time
Job DescriptionWAVY-TV 10, the NBC Television Affiliate and WVBT FOX43, the FOX Television Affiliate in Norfolk, VA, is looking for a for a well-rounded individual to fill the Broadcast IT Systems Engineer position. If you thrive in a fast-paced TV environment, that produces 11.5 hours of content daily, Monday-Friday, then this position may be for you.
The Broadcast IT Systems Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
• Manage user accounts through Active Directory
• Manage and assist users with E-mail and desktop support
• Install, manage and maintain servers and workstations with various Windows and Linux OS
• Administer antivirus and similar support systems
• Serve Engineering, News, Production, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services
• Work closely with Engineering to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
• Manage and maintain News production server system, News content storage and playout system, graphics and editing systems
• Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including overnights, nights, and holidays, and monthly On-Call rotation.
Requirements & Skills:
• Associates or Technical degree in Information Services, Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Strong Information Technology background and networking skills required
• Microsoft and Cisco certifications are a plus
• Experience with remote desktop applications and VPN required
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems required
• Experience in broadcast television or a related field preferred
• Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding and file transcoding a plus
• Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
To be considered for this job you must apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar.
Please remember to upload a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93knm-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.