Executive News Producer - WAVE
WAVE is the NBC affiliate for Louisville, Kentucky. We are Kentucky's first television station, and we lead the way in connecting the people of WAVE Country. We offer nearly 60 hours of local television news per week, 40 hours of live programming in the field throughout the week of the Kentucky Derby, and innovative coverage on social, digital and OTT channels throughout the day.
WAVE in Louisville, Kentucky has a rare opening for an Executive Producer to help lead our team of award-winning Journalists. The Executive Producer will work with everyone to ensure the team is executing coverage consistent with our strategy and brand on all platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Execute daily strategic plans with staff
- Excellent writer/storyteller with showcasing skills
- Script and story placement review and direction
- Team building, coaching, mentoring and direction for all team members
- Strong communication skills
- Execute breaking news and weather coverage plans
- Strong organizational skills
- At least 3 years of newscast producing experience is required
- Previous experience as an Executive Producer or Senior Producer
-College degree in Journalism or equivalent is required
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with ENPS, Edius and Microsoft Teams
- Must be willing to work weekends/holidays
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WAVE-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmonqm-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.