WATE 6 On Your Side in Knoxville, Tennessee is seeking a full-time host for a live, daily, one-hour lifestyle program, Living East Tennessee. Now in its third year, the show is all about living life in Knoxville and surrounding areas and features things to do, places to go, local businesses, expert advice, and more. The style of the show is segment and interview-based intertwined with unique storytelling showcasing our communities.
The right candidate will have strong ad-libbing and interview skills. They must be active and community oriented, willing to participate in skills and activities being featured on the program. Responsibilities include working with the producer in developing show themes and developing compelling content that can also be used on-line, guiding guests through the appearance process including research, pre-interviews, live interviews for both studio as well as live location presentations. You will work closely with the sales team on the execution of integrated advertising content and pre-recorded advertising content. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 2 years' experience hosting live television and remote broadcasts, strong writing and storytelling and content generation skills. Digital knowledge and understanding of self-promotion in broadcast and social media are required.
EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED., Background check required. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Lifestyle Show Host is responsible for hosting a program, conducting in-studio interview segments, and participating in on-location segments as scheduled.
• Provide daily on camera contributions to a daily television show
• Assisting Producer with writing show segments
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in studio and on location
• Collecting information, video or photos at remote locations for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Executive Producer
• Attending daily show meeting
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining a show social media presence and assisting with all online content as directed by the Executive Producer
Requirements & Skills:
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Must be energetic, positive and great in a team environment
• Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33384-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.