WATE 6 On Your Side, the Nexstar ABC Affiliate in Knoxville, Tennessee is seeking a full-time Creative Services Producer. This is a rare opening on a fun and collaborative Creative Services team! We're looking for someone who can create promos, Topicals, PSA's and commercials that drive results in an extremely fast-paced environment. Creative scripting, shooting and non-linear editing experience is required. Successful candidates must also be able to work independently and communicate in a positive and professional manner with clients and sales staff.
• Creatively write, shoot, and edit content to tell compelling stories.
• Work with newsroom to write and produce topicals as well as overall station imaging and branding promos.
• Collaborate with sales team and clients to produce videos and digital content.
• Work closely with sales staff to coordinate asset and information exchange on projects
• Represent station in a professional and positive manner during client meetings.
• Maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles while employing strong client service skills
• Coordinate production, including working with clients, account executives, agencies, as well as planning location(s), talent, music, voice-over and reserving any other technical pieces (camera's, vehicles, etc.) needed for project
• Manage video equipment and software needs
• Extensive shooting and scripting of both short and long form spots from concept to completion
• Perform other duties, as directed by management
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 1-2 years commercial and/or promotion experience, or college degree in video production, marketing, or related field preferred
• Broad understanding of marketing and design
• Experience with DSLR Cameras and HD Digital Cinema Cameras, motion graphics and proper lighting techniques
• Software skills required include Adobe CC Suite production package including; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and Media Encoder
• Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority
• Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
• Although rare, occasional weekends, evenings, and holiday shifts may be required
• Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record as some travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station
• Possess a strong understanding of fundamental design, a strong sense of color, typography, and composition
• Meet all deadlines, fulfill scheduling commitments and consistently achieve quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Time management.
• Organize and archive all completed commercial productions and assets
• Background and DMV check required
• FAA License and experience with drone videography a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw716k-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.