The Video Production, Student Associate (Mar-Oct) is an invaluable part of our production staff. The associate will assist with all aspects of our game day and non-game day productions and have an opportunity to learn game day production roles and grow their knowledge of videography and editing. Upon completion of the season, the candidate will have an opportunity to create a demo reel of their work.
The ideal candidate for the Video Production Student Associate role is an a current upperclassman or recent college graduate looking to further explore a career in sports. The student associate will be an invaluable part of our production staff and assist with all aspects of our game day and non-game day productions. They will have the opportunity to learn game day production roles and grow their knowledge of videography and editing. Upon completion, the student associate will have the opportunity to create a demo reel of their work.
The associate will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately March – October 2024.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture and log footage for a variety of projects
- Edit and deliver footage to media partners
- Assist with edits for social media, YouTube, and Nationals Park scoreboard
- Format final edits for multiple platforms including X, Instagram and YouTube Shorts
Game Day Execution:
- Assist with setup and production of pre-game and in-game video shoots
- Edit and update game presentation videos including player hype videos
- Train on multiple control room positions
- Support social media team by providing videos of activations and highlights
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited degree program
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for the entire season
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Basic knowledge of video production experience including non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere), writing, camera operation, lighting and audio set up
• Must be Mac savvy
• Must possess interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Must have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
• Must be knowledgeable of the Washington Nationals players, baseball statistics, rules and records
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Work will require weekend and evening work
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue
• May work at heights
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and climb up/down stairs
• The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re32q5-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.