Graphic Design, Student Associate (Mar-Oct)
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Creative Services Intern will gain valuable experience working in marketing for a Major League Baseball team, assisting with various marketing initiatives including our advertising campaign, social media, concert promotion, game day initiatives and community events, in addition to the graphic design responsibilities. The position will be responsible for high volume and production of a wide range of design projects that support the sales, marketing, social, and communications departments.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately April – September 2024.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Heavy focus on creating digital materials, print design also possible
• Adhere to specific brand guidelines
• Manage a queue of multiple projects and complete according to set deadlines
• Photo editing and image creation, manage files, collaborate with the Creative Director and other designers to develop design concepts
• Receive feedback from the Creative Director and make necessary changes
• Other duties as assigned
• Graphic design graduate course work or a minimum of 1 year experience preferred
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for the entire term of the internship
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Portfolio required for consideration
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Broad and practical knowledge of layout, color theory, typography
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to learn quickly
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re39q5-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.