At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: VP / SVP Global Playlist Strategy & Marketing
Reports To: President & CMO, Warner Recorded Music
Department: Global Commercial Services
Location: New York
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Recorded Music Marketing team serves as the marketing liaison between domestic marketing teams, Warner Music's global territory offices (outside of the US) and artist management. To maximize sales and revenue for our repertoire, via marketing & promotional planning and execution, throughout the world outside of the US It is our goal to establish our recording artists in each one of our international affiliates.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a dynamic leader and digital media executive to proactively drive marketing and revenue value through innovative global playlist strategy and team management. Across Warner Music there are numerous touchpoints on playlisting and audience engagement campaigns – this leader needs to cut through standard tactics and thoughtfully execute on a strategy that delivers the greatest possible consumer influence and marketing impact on behalf of our artists.
Here you'll get to:
• You will create and iterate on a global strategy that delivers meaningful streaming impact with an innovative approach to artist & release led campaigns
• You will cultivate and lead a team with diverse skills focused on marketing, programming and brand management with an artist-first mindset
• You will produce creative and engaging advertising/marketing campaigns that increase the value of our playlists to surpass competitors
• You will lead cross-platform playlist development across WMG properties to diversify revenue sources
• You will engage with C-level stakeholders to create programs that support our Artist Value Proposition
• You will collaborate with label marketing teams to develop programs that achieve artist development goals and are additive to label efforts
• You will design a territory by territory approach to optimize playlist properties and deliver revenue / streaming targets across global and local objectives
• You will guide playlist programming and develop unique playlist experiences for a broad range of listeners from superfans to casual
• You will partner with tastemakers and curators to expand the reach and credibility of our playlist ecosystem
• You will develop solutions for playlist marketing & programming coordination across WMG that is consistent for greatest global impact
• You will optimize marketing investments with a balanced approach to global and local objectives
• You will challenge and optimize marketing tactics frequently to adapt strategy for optimal results
• You will identify new ways to reach playlist/streaming users that reflect changing consumer demographics and trends
• You will partner with Audience and Media teams for integrated campaigns that maximize audience data, consumer reach and exposure for playlists/artists
You are an established leader with 10+ years of experience in digital media, music and consumer marketing
You have a proven track record of marketing excellence and ingenuity across music, consumer and lifestyle brand strategies
You have built successful digital advertising campaigns and experiences across social platforms, fan activations and music streaming
You have a strong background in audience development and music trends
You have led marketing success stories spanning consumer and media verticals
You can combine data with experience for marketing strategy that evolves with changing needs
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
A strong network of influence within music and culture
Versatile capabilities across digital and social media
History of creative campaigns that elevated brand profiles
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke0pp-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.