IT Product Owner - Royalties
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: VP, Product Design
A little bit about our team:
As a part of the Global Technology group, this leadership role will focus on product design and quality delivery. Reporting directly into SVP, Global Head of PMO, UX and QA, you will lead a team charged with creating consumer grade top usability experiences for WMG backoffice, B2B and consumer facing applications.
Why this could be your next big break:
Challenge conventional thinking and bring your product design vision to modernize WMG technology product experience.
Here you'll get to:
• Drive product design strategy anchored around core design principles of modern design, simplicity, persona driven, enterprise scale, clarity, and consistency across Global Technology suite of products. Elevate and evangelize the value of Product Design function as the key strategic success factor of innovative product development. Ensure designers and cross functional stakeholders (product managers and engineers) develop products that are aligned to these principles.
• Foster a design culture that encourages customer user research, rapid design experimentation, and strong collaboration across product, engineering and the business. Implement innovative practices in areas like usability testing, competitive analysis, user research (current and future), and customer feedback.
• Partner with Product Owners to consistently deliver a modern and compelling user experience. Build a forward-looking long term design roadmap to support the Global Technology products evolution.
• Streamline the design process and set the standard to maximize speed of design iterations. Ensure the process is seamlessly incorporated within GT project delivery framework (Agile and Hybrid). Provide strong leadership to direct reports through clearly defined performance expectations and high level of design expertise. Develop and scale the team for high performance and growth through coaching and training.
• Establish core design frameworks for balancing strong end-user usability with powerful enterprise configurability.
• Ideate, envision and cultivate design ideas that modernize and innovate WMG processes and systems
• Lead and mentor the team of talented of UX and UI designers. Nurture and inspire them, provide a clear direction to drive high quality and user experience consistency. Build a culture of learning, insight, inspiration, and collaboration
• Share your expertise and discoveries to uncover product opportunities and inform product planning and roadmap creation.
• Bachelors degree and 5+ years of product design experience
• Successfully navigate and negotiate a wide range of stakeholders – business and tech
• 5+ years hiring, managing and building design organizations
• 5+ years leading design teams on the client-side
• 8+ years in a leadership role/managing design team
• Proven leadership skills rooted in positivity and raising the creative bar
• Knowledge of technical architecture concepts and approaches
• Knowledge of software development methodologies, including Agile and the best ways to maximize the design process within them
• Experience in building and leading an innovative product design department
• Experience designing and delivering complex applications and innovative solutions
• Rationalize and unify the user experience across the Warner application landscape
• Up to date on UX concepts and tools knowledge in the cloud environment
• Excellent written, verbal and visual presentation skills.
• Strong project management skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience designing experiences for high-touch, exclusive users in the media or entertainment industries
• Experience in the music industry, especially the design and delivery of applications used by music or music-related companies
• Rally a team around a united vision
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81v79-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.