At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
For over 21 years, HipHopDX has been at the forefront of Hip Hop culture, reaching over 3.2 million readers and 5 million followers per month. As one of the longest-standing Hip Hop digital publications, DX not only stays current on Hip Hop culture, but continues to influence it, encourage it, and simultaneously reflect on its past. Our insightful, honest editorials, unbiased reviews, premier audio and video sections, and original video content, draws one of the most loyal followings online. As a part of Warner Music Group, HipHopDX is expanding internationally and continues to build upon the reputation it has garnered from decades of work.
Why this could be your next big break:
The position of Video Content Script Writer is tasked with the responsibility of writing content for HipHopDX's video products for our Video and Social departments. They are responsible for assisting in the creative ideation of original scripts for both HipHopDX News and long-form original content pieces. They are heavily researched and detail-oriented that ensures a story that flows effortlessly from beginning to end and, based on our mission and content strategy, and is suitable for broadcasting. You will have the opportunity to have your work viewed by millions of people on a weekly basis and truly impact the conversation within the Hip Hop space.
We value hard work, integrity, and agility, and we love to reward individuals who show initiative and work well within our team. Come join our team at HipHopDX and impact Hip Hop culture!
Here you'll get to:
• Write and edit compelling video content for HipHopDX's digital platforms.
• Write daily video scripts for our HipHopDX News and weekly long-form original content.
• Think creatively to write engaging pieces based on the current conversations within the space.
• Evaluate efficiency of video products, suggesting and implementing improvements.
• Manage assigned project workflow and deadlines.
• Write branded content for sponsors.
• Utilize extensive, historic HipHopDX archives and video library to tell stories.
• Utilize demonstrable technical, editorial and creative storytelling skills.
• Directly interface with partners, agencies, and internal stakeholders on projects.
• Participate in creative content ideation meetings.
• Work collaboratively with video managers, motion graphics editors, interviewers and other video editors.
• Check in with the supervisor every morning to review projects for the day.
• 2 years of video or content writing experience.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and take creative direction from multiple stakeholders.
• Have a strong passion for Hip Hop and music culture.
• Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
• Possess a strong work ethic, and positive attitude, with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously on stated timelines.
• Strong storytelling skills and ability to integrate research into scripts while maintaining a balance of entertainment and informative.
• Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation.
• Exceptional organization skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelors or Masters in journalism or related field.
• Experience working with YouTube.
• Experience writing long and short form video scripts.
• Time management skills – able to prioritize, work under tight deadlines, and execute quick project turnarounds.
• High degree of organization, creativity, self-motivation, and drive.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yjwv-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.