Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Why this could be your next big break:
Work with architects, software/application/data engineers and analysts to identify, engage, and drive our consumer and product intelligence solutions, including data, analytics, and automation opportunities that empower business domains, workflows, etc.
Here you'll get to:
• Build class-leading solutions that help drive intelligence, engagement, and integration across our consumer and product domains and services.
• Participate in development sprints, demos, and retrospectives, as well as release and deployment
• Direct the design, development, and management of consumer and product intelligence solutions, leveraging build and buy approaches across processes, domains, and systems/services.
• Lead and drive innovative approaches to consumer and product solutions, holistically integrating across our internal and external supply and value chains
• Manage internal, partner, and vendor teams and services in driving operational and delivery excellence
• Build and lead effective internal, partner, and vendor teams focused on iterative, scalable, and sustainable solutions
• Collaborate with internal and external clients in establishing and evolving solution development, testing, and documentation standards, as well as related code reviews
• Partner with business analysts, application engineers, data scientists, etc., leveraging the appropriate tools, solutions, and/or processes as part of their development, automation, reporting and analytical activities
• Collaborate across WMG's technology domains to lead and ensure development and delivery of music publishing solutions
• Ensure policies and standards are followed across the organization
• Deliver services that meet internal KPIs and customer SLAs
• Identify and execute on opportunities for operational excellence in the areas of content, collaboration, and automation.
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Minimum fifteen (15) years of progressively more advanced solution architecture and development experience, working in large scale/distributed and global environments.
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience leading distributed software development teams working with data and solutioning in an enterprise context.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in digital advertising, marketing, and audience engagement solutions
• Strong working knowledge of software design and development patterns and principles
• Extensive experience in reporting, analytics, business intelligence, and insights development and delivery.
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using cloud technologies, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud.
• Working knowledge of consumer data platforms (CDP), audience segmentation and analytics, marketing automation, and related domain solutions
• Broad engineering and architecture proficiency including programming languages, databases and operating systems.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Hands-on experience with server-side technologies, SQL, and database concepts for RDBMS' such as PostgreSQL as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Knowledge of source control and code review systems
• Ability to quickly understand how data is used by business processes and what the data means in the context of these specific processes
• Ability to work effectively within cross-functional business and technical teams, as well as proficiencies with Agile methodologies – both Scrum and Kanban
• Working knowledge of media and/or research operations; recorded music and publishing preferred
• Experience working with syndicated data sources and other industry research sources a plus
• Customer-focused, action-oriented and driven to achieve results in a positive manner, displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust at all times
• Strong teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade peers and thrive in a cross-functional matrix environment
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Able to work independently, plan workloads, and deliver on commitments
• Able to quickly learn new technologies as they become prevalent and widely implemented, and develop oneself
• Driven to utilize both proven and unique solutions to address business problems until issue is resolved
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.