Director, Product Management and Marketing, Wmg Catalog
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world's leading distributor of independent music. We strive to be a valuable partner to our label clients, guiding them to success across the commercial and marketing space, as well as providing a suite of label services from publicity to radio promotion. We work globally to deliver high-impact opportunities, and work to ensure reliable and visible content pipelines around the world. This role will create and maintain a center for operational excellence within ADA.
Why this could be your next big break:
As ADA's SVP, Music Operations Distribution, you will oversee ADA's entire operational strategy, from supply chain integrations, to label onboarding, process architecture and DSP partner relations. You will have the opportunity to transform the way ADA does business, and implement new strategies to modernize our supply chain. You will also serve as the operational escalation point supporting our core delivery business.
Here you'll get to:
• Set global operations team vision for our growing organization focusing on process architecture
• Be a thought leader for the senior executive team, owning conversations around process improvement and efficiency while making crucial operational decisions that inform company strategy
• Be the representation to all DSP partners as Head of Operations - negotiating rights, new initiatives, and operational standards between stores and content holders
• Work with Business Intelligence teams to develop and track all operational delivery KPIs and extract key insights that will inform and improve company performance standards and objectives
• Serve as final executive escalation point for timely operational issues, connecting the dots and solving problems for our most important partners
• Advocate for ADA labels and artist catalogs amongst Warner Music Group executive teams
• Set and drive strategy for 4 tiers of operations – DIY service, Core distribution, High Touch distribution, and artist services
• Build out vision for new distribution operations departments and hire team to manage globally including YouTube and other services like neighboring rights and D2C
• Main stakeholder in new delivery system and self-service platform – alongside CTO
• Run all catalog integrations; overseeing a growing team – restructure and refit for future success
• Reset and develop team: Vice President, Operations and 12+ people globally and growing
• You have 10+ years of experience in music operations, ideally within the volume distribution or DSP space
• You have strong logical reasoning skills, with the ability to understand the implications of a decision 5 steps down the line
• You have an expert understanding of music metadata, the most efficient way to store and collect it, and where the future of content capture and consumption is going
• You have expert understanding of sound recordings, assets, and the claiming process as it pertains to YouTube and other services with UGC.
• You have a strong understanding of distribution, and it's place within the creator, label, and DSP ecosystem, with strong relationships with both internal and external partners
• You are comfortable working cross-functionally, and have the ability to be both a coach and an independent contributor to get the job done.
• You have a high degree of data literacy, and are comfortable deriving insight with self-service BI tools and platforms
• You are a problem solver, with the ability to reach out the right people to tear down roadblocks, accelerate timelines, and motivate others around you to success
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College degree preferred
• Hands-on experience with DDEX, XML, and other industry standard delivery mechanisms
• Strong passion for independent music and creators
• Product development or technical background
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezpk1-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.