London, United Kingdom
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
WEA has over the past several years transformed itself from a traditional manufacturing and distribution division into a company that provides distribution, marketing, and research services for all of WMG's labels across an array of physical and digital platforms.
WEA is a hub for innovation and serves as a ''center of excellence'' for consumer-centered digital strategies for Warner Music Group on a global basis. This includes building Warner Music Group's capabilities in curation/playlisting; consumer research, data and analytics; streaming and on-demand audio; digital, mobile and social media; and emerging digital platforms. The WEA portfolio today includes sales, marketing and account management functions that support all Warner Music Group units, as well as standalone businesses that complement these activities.
The Global e-Commerce team is made up of marketers, product managers, web analysts, site merchandisers, graphic designers and web operations experts. We are creative and detail obsessed. Above all, we are music fans - unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. Our mission is to offer the most optimal merchandising products to our consumers. Everything we do is designed to enhance the fan experience and, as a result, maximize the commercial outcome for our artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Head of e-Commerce will be responsible for the pioneering, creation, and delivery of effective e-Commerce and Direct to Consumer strategies for Warner Music Group. You will have full accountability for merchandising on all digital platforms. This role may be based in London, New York or Germany.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop the global ecommerce digital (web, mobile and social) strategy and overseeing the delivery of that strategy.
• Create and foster global alignment with affiliates, labels, and corporate stakeholders to optimize and enhance initiatives and programs to expand and maintain fan outreach.
• Oversee the development of strategies to expand measurable customer engagement and product discovery by identifying opportunities to acquire new merchandise/eCommerce rights; for both WMG recorded music artists and 3rd party artists.
• Oversee the development of digital assortment strategy, promotions, price management.
• Ensure an exciting and evolving digital customer experience with emphasis on emerging capabilities like visual commerce, live stream and event driven commerce in the owned channels, and integration with social media and third party ecommerce platforms.
• Establish global best practice for site merchandising, web development and e-commerce operations.
• Facilitate the transition of best practice e-commerce tools and strategies between EMP and rest of WMG ecommerce sites.
• Take responsibility for digital product management including user experience, engagement and conversion tactics, online and mobile capabilities and site and app operations.
• Build and create a global set of solutions, vendors, and technologies to unlock scale; oversee the management of vendors that contribute to WMG artist web strategies and solutions.
• Develop standards and alignment for navigation and establishes best practices to streamline merchandising teams globally in order to optimize efficiency.
• Be responsible for ensuring partnership with Consumer Marketing to identify and maximize customer sales through use of website optimization.
• Be responsible for the development and execution of seasonal strategic assortments in accordance with overall business strategies and financial plans.
• Partner with cross functional teams, such as Artist & Fan Experiences, Commercial Services and Media, to identify and maximize opportunities across the business.
• Drive change by helping to foster a winning culture that elevates channel performance while driving teammate engagement.
• Take responsibility for helping with the expansion of the commerce strategy and execution, across the WEA brands.
• Build out aspects of the eCommerce business – this includes platform strategy and merchandise development to site experience and managing the P+L.
• Shows visionary thinking and demonstrates expert knowledge to solve complex, organization-wide or externally facing issues.
• Succeeded in making step changes to accelerate growth, generating revenue and leading high performance.
• Collaborative leadership style, strong intercultural skills, commercially focused.
• Strong ability to build relationships and work across the business.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present to senior leadership.
• Highly passionate, problem solver with strong creative and analytical skills.
• Comfortable navigating competing initiatives and strategically prioritizing.
• Exhibits leadership skills to drive and motivate team members and major projects or initiatives.
• Understands the key elements that impact the P&L of an ecommerce business
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with top level executives globally and decision-makers, region, labels, and national staff to accomplish business and revenue goals.
• Continuously communicating priorities and exploring new opportunities to drive new revenue.
• Strong organization skills, excellent communicator, and dedicated professional.
• Goal oriented - set both short- and long-term goals for staff, motivating them towards high performance.
• Relationship builder - develops relationships across the WMG business
• Sound and practical business judgement.
• Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Significant business leadership experience.
• Significant experience in ecommerce leadership.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx3w3-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.