At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: SVP, Business Intelligence
A little bit about our team:
The Business Intelligence team works alongside the Research & Analysis team to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within the newly created NYC-based BI team and works hand in hand with the global Research & Analysis team, also working closely with colleagues across Business Development, Central Services, Distribution, and Label Partners to better understand what makes our global digital partners tick, and how we can use that information to the advantage of our artists and songwriters.
The SVP, Business Intelligence will lead a team of analysts and data scientists in a Data Science Center of Excellence. This team – using, in particular, data specific to the music industry – will deliver reporting, advanced inference, predictive products and tools.
Why this could be your next big break:
The SVP, Business Intelligence is equal parts executive and operator interaction, guided/reactive business intelligence research, and project and team management.
Here you'll get to:
• Liaise with key stakeholders throughout the global organization, responding to their day-to-day needs for business intelligence
• Project manage various descriptive and diagnostic reporting deliverables, each on independent timelines
• Interface with the data and data science organizations to help scale products or research on an as-needed basis
• Produce regular reports for the global organization that present and synthesize the most relevant business intelligence
• Produce ad-hoc reports on an as-needed basis
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent related experience
• 6+ years of team management
• 10+ years of music industry experience
• Fluency with the music industry operations, preferably within a record label or publisher (music/DSP fluency and credibility is a must!)
• Experience project managing a dynamic and evolving product queue
• Ability to translate operator requests for intelligence into defined outputs based on a fundamental understanding of the context behind the request
• Excellent written and oral communication and executive presence
• Ability to manage for global time zone coverage and stakeholder interaction
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj862e-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.