Digital Revenue Accounting Director
Warner Music Group
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Accounting Operations team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations Group provides accounting services and support to WMG's US record labels and businesses.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Staff Accountant of Accounting Operations is responsible for assisting the direct supervisor with the monthly close processes and various tasks related to the financial statements for the business unit(s).
Here you'll get to:
• Perform tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
• Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing or posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
• Perform accounting and financial analyses, including ensuring assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
• Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
• Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, with preferred experience in SAP and Hyperion
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with Label Finance, Corporate Finance, and other internal/external parties
• Detail oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical skills in reviewing accounting transactions
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA/BS in Accounting/Finance, CPA a plus
• 1-3 years of experience in public and/or corporate accounting