Why this could be your next big break:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing and managing key accounting and reporting activities for a specific label/affiliate.
Here you'll get to:
• Record transactions across multiple sources
• Perform fixed asset accounting related activities (acquisitions, disposals, write-offs, depreciation and associated variance analysis)
• Support intangible asset accounting, including master data updates, asset categorization, amortization and impairment assessment
• Capture and allocate costs to the project code, generate project reports and variance analysis to determine final settlement
• Record sales and costs at the component level, and revenue and expense accruals for artist projects
• Receive monthly inventory report from MES and prepare journal entries to value inventory as of month-end
• Generate reports related to fixed assets, product cost, finished goods and obsolescence
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Complete reconciliations in a timely manner
• Complete period-end close activities accurately and by set deadlines
• Support any internal and external audit inquiries
• Possess strong attention to detail and ensure thoughtful, thorough, error-free deliverables
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Preferred
• 2+ years of experience in Corporate Accounting
• Knowledge of SAP
• Strong work-ethic and are a self-starter with effective organizational skills with attention to detail who proactively seeks out new solutions
• Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91ebk-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.