At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Tax Associate
A little bit about our team:
Tax Department is responsible for the Warner Music Group tax reporting and compliance around the world. The Senior Tax Associate will be reporting to the Tax Manager for the US operations.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position provides an opportunity to learn about taxation of Music business, while working at one of the fastest growing company in the industry. Here you will be able to grow into a seasoned tax professional with significant tax technical skills in US Federal and State taxation of Corporations and Partnerships.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist with preparation of US Federal and State Corporate Income Tax Returns and extensions
• Assist with preparation of US Federal and State Partnership Income Tax Returns and extensions
• Assist with ASC 740 Income Tax Provision calculations
• Prepare estimated federal, state and local income tax payment and arrange for quarterly tax payments
• Prepare state apportionment calculations
• Assist in maintaining tax compliance calendar to track the timely reporting of all income tax returns
• Assist with responses to tax audits
• Provide additional assistance in various tax projects as needed
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting
• 1-3 years of tax experience at US based multinational or major US accounting firm, Big 4 firms preffered.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Proficiency Onesource Tax Provision software
• Working knowledge of Alteryx data analytics software
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• CPA or Master of Science in Taxation
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8zym-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.