At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting & Policy
A little bit about our team:
Responsible for supporting technical accounting related matters including accounting for new and complex transaction, and WMG's global accounting policies
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and Policy in supporting our global businesses with a focus on technical accounting for complex transactions, revenue recognition for new contracts, and global accounting policy adherence. In this role, you will be a direct contact and leader in establishing accounting practices and developing conclusions that are in accordance with US GAAP. The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Policy, will report to the Director, Technical Accounting and Policy and will play a key role in ensuring proper accounting treatment and policies are applied accurately consistently to ensure the overall quality of the financial information being reported by WMG as public company. This role requires a high-caliber individual with strong knowledge of US GAAP and technical accounting experience in companies of similar size and complexity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability explain complex accounting topics in a simplified way.
Here you'll get to:
• Directly liase and support the global businesses on accounting for complex transactions and arrangements primarily encompassing (but not limited to) investments, revenue recognition, business combinations and acquisitions
• Prepare and review technical accounting memorandums documenting conclusions over material or complex transactions with reference to the appropriate accounting literature
• Collaborate with external auditors, consultants and business leads to ensure proper conclusions are reached and recognized in the Warner Music Group financials appropriately
• Be responsible for the update and maintenance of the WMG global accounting polices to ensure policies are aligned with latest guidance and business practice
• Develop and enhance processes around technical accounting coordination for emerging and growing areas within our business
• Collaborate with segments to ensure compliance with the WMG global accounting policies
• Monitor standard setter activity and analyze the impact of new developments in accounting standards
• Collaborate with external reporting groups to ensure technical accounting and policy matters are accurately reported and disclosed in the WMG quarterly financial statements (e.g. Form 10-K, Form 10-Q) and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
• Develop training, education, and CPE delivery for Corporate Finance Group
• Minimum of 7 years professional experience with big four audit experience
• Strong technical knowledge and experience in applying the guidance of ASC 606 – Revenue from contract with customers, ASC 321 Investment – Equity Securiities and ASC 323 Investments – Equity method and Joint Ventures
• Strong communication, organization, interpersonal and analytical/problem solving skills
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant or equivalent required
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Media or entertainment experience a plus
• Large multi-national experience a plus
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkeexq-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.