At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Product Owner (data warehouse)
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Chappell Global Strategic Integration and Operations (SI&O) team is a small but mighty team focused on delivering and implementing business objectives. Working closely with our global leaders, we are responsible for driving and embedding our global business strategy. Technology is a very important part of our strategy, developing systems and products to amplify our business. This will be one of eight Warner Chappell Music's (WCM's) product owners. The Director, Product Owner (data warehouse) will drive integration and adoption of our in-house created products which is key to our technology portfolio.
Reporting to VP, Head of Product, the Director, Product Owner (data warehouse) is responsible for helping prioritize and maintain the product and keep requirements aligned to strategic roadmaps.
Here you'll get to:
• Take the lead as the Product Owner of our data warehouse, a single repository for all WCM data providing users with a next generation cloud analytics toolkit for Music Publishing
• Understand business needs and how to implement them together with the development team, to build out our WCM data hub, pulling all WCM data into one place, storing historical data, and developing reporting
• Lead the planning of product releases and manage expectations for delivery of new functionalities, as well as leading the communication, training and roll-out of releases to end users
• Responsible for meeting compliance and risk management standards of product
• Responsible for roadmap creation, implementation and presentation. Central point of contact for communications between the development squad and the business stakeholders regarding any changes and updates to the system/product
• Responsible for assessing value, develop business cases, prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Own and manage the product backlog, plan iterations and elaborate user stories, and collaborate with the Development team to refine the backlog adding detail, estimations and priority
• Decompose Epics into user stories ready for squads to consume. Prepare features for Sprint Planning, create use/test cases for new feature/enhancement requests, perform necessary smoke testing on newly developed features prior to story acceptance/rejection and turning it over to the business users. Provide guidance to QA and Dev team direction on how to test and validate the implemented feature appropriately.
• Translate and detail business objectives into measurable OKR's and Business Outcomes
• Research and analyze market, industry and keep abreast with / ahead of competitors
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Subject Matter Expertise:
• Act as the subject-matter expert, guidng a cross-functional team through automation of data collation and modeling, as well as efficient utilization of overhead technical resources (AWS, Snowflake, Tableau, etc.)
• Use business acumen to translate business value from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution to build a reusable and dynamic technical architecture for WCM that integrates all systems and external vendors
• Demonstrate expertise in one's respective domain; stay abreast on trends in customer needs and expectations to provide a gateway to all WCM data, with ease of access to all business users at all levels of the company
• Provide input into the strategic product roadmap owned by portfolio management by leveraging knowledge of the product's value stream and system interactions to identify when new features or product changes are needed to achieve business outcomes
• Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent large-scale program development work experience
• 2+ years' experience in leading teams or process improvement initiates
• Experience and current knowledge of music publishing
• Strong leadership and team collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results- strong project management and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to excel in a large, matrixed environment
• Strong attention to detail and focuses on root-cause analysis
• Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through experience and results
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with users as well as senior business leaders
• Skilled at leading meetings and making presentations
• Demonstrated ability to act as a servant leader to ensure the success of the product implementation and team effectiveness
• Business Expert – must have day to day experience of the system/product (power user) and be able to serve as the final decision maker for the system/product/features.
• Subject Matter Expert/Domain Knowledge – must possess solid knowledge of the system/product, act as the primary SME for clarification of requirements and expected results for the Development Squad. Responsible for setting and detailing the current and future business logic and functional rules/algorithms for the features/functionalities within the system/product.
• Technically Conversant – Must have familiarity with the different technology involved in implementing the product/feature. e.g. How does the front end interact with the back-end systems. What technology is involved with data retrieval, searches and understanding how data is stored in the database, hierarchies and relationship between different functional object
• User Experience or Design Conversant – In combination with the above attribute of being technical conversant, the PO must possess the ability to discuss different functional implementation options and trade offs with both Development Team and the impacted business stakeholders/end users of the system/product. Responsible for producing logical data models or functional data flow/design spec.
• Communicator – communicates changes and updates to business stakeholders re any changes and updates to the system/product. Provides signoff to the core team on behalf of impacted business stakeholders and business SMEs after gaining their alignment. Responsible for development of training materials, as well as educating/training of business users on the developed feature/functionality.
• Detail oriented & Analytical – must be able to assess the overall impact for the feature/functionality requested, including any potential
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbjyyy-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.