Job Title: SrManager, Licensing
A little bit about our team:
WMG Licensing handles 3rd party licensing for WMG controlled masters for compilations, samples, merchandise and non-traditional uses on a worldwide basis. The department also clears 3rd party and WMG repertoire to be included on Rhino Entertainment frontline releases, custom products, and premiums.
Responsible for clearing Warner US-controlled repertoire for Warner affiliate and affiliate client releases.
Here you'll get to:
• Negotiate, draft, redline and review all domestic license agreements for the use of WMG masters on any new audio-only project including compilations, soundtracks, podcasts, new media and as samples
• Work with company's Business and Legal Affairs departments to research the applicable rights and restrictions for recordings sought to be licensed and the stakeholders thereof
• Ensure compliance with all relevant artist, producer, distribution, and labor organization agreements
• Liaise between WMG's internal project managers at all US frontline and catalog labels as well as international affiliates and third-parties to facilitate licensing business on a global level
• Communicate directly with artist management teams, film companies and other major record labels to secure necessary approvals for licensing deals
• Track and collect income due under license agreements including advance payments, license fees and union dues
• Stay apprised of new audio formats and market trends to determine standardized rates and terms for licensing of emerging formats
• Knowledge of licensing procedures.
• Minimum one year music business experience.
• Very strong interpersonal skills.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Undergraduate degree preferred.
• Experience in drafting master audio licenses preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9e2j4-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.