WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Sr. Financial Analyst – Consolidations and Financial Reporting
A little bit about our team:
The Corporate Finance Department at Warner Music Group is responsible for overseeing all of the financial operations of the Company in partnership with the finance groups at the labels and individual companies within Warner Music Group. The department provides financial reporting, accounting, planning, budgeting, and financial compliance for the Company. The department is filled with fun, outgoing and overall successful individuals who work hard all while enjoying the perks of working in the Music Industry.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music Group is excited to offer this opportunity in the Corporate Finance Department. This position utilizes hands-on accounting experience and a solid understanding of accounting principles and Warner Music Group's policies/procedures to facilitate the day-to-day consolidations and financial reporting processes. This position reports to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting.
Here you'll get to:
• Interact with and provide support to the global finance team, consisting of over 60 affiliated companies operating in more than 30 countries, during the monthly close process for both actual and forecast results
• Ensure all reporting entities have submitted monthly actual and forecast HFM data and provide daily performance and status reports to the Corporate Finance team
• Responsible for consolidating financial results (actuals, forecast and budget) within HFM
• Develop an understanding of the general ledger account structure, affiliate hierarchy, and company operations
• Coordinate with Consolidations and Treasury team on monthly (actual and forecast) FX rates to be uploaded into HFM
• Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliation and coordinate with Shared Services Accounting team and affiliate finance teams on intercompany variances identified
• Prepare and post corporate topside and elimination entries (e.g. segment eliminations, investment, and equity eliminations)
• Review and analyze monthly and quarterly actual results to understand unusual variances
• Prepare and maintain recurring source files, primarily in Excel with HFM Smart View functionality, which are leveraged for analysis of results and are the basis of senior management reporting
• Liaise with Consolidations and External Reporting regarding financial results to ensure presented uniformly across the Company
• Prepare quarterly reporting templates provided to the labels/affiliates globally and act as key point of contact for submissions and any subsequent follow-up
• Prepare quarterly reporting deliverables based on label/affiliate submissions which analyzes quarterly variances of certain key account balances based on their size and risk portfolio
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Recorded Music finance teams globally, Shared Services Accounting, Consolidations, External Reporting and other key financial team members
• Prepare guarantor financial statements on a quarterly basis
• Assist with the preparation of the quarterly Corporate Finance Newsletter that gets distributed to the global finance team
• Act as control operator for key SOX controls corresponding with the above mentioned responsibilities and task performed
• Prepare ad hoc reports, special projects, and analyses for senior management, as requested
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Demonstrates partnering, influencing, and communication skills up and down the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
• Ability to find and implement efficiencies within tasks successfully
• Demonstrates critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3 years of professional experience
• Big Four public accounting or large multi-national experience preferred
• CPA designation a plus
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of financial systems and software
• Proficient with MS office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnx82m-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.