Job Title: Sr. Director, Urban A&R
A little bit about our team:
Creative department responsible for both finding and developing musical artists to sign as well as producing artists and driving creative content for all forms of media.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Chappell Music Publishing is the smallest major publishing company. We operate like a boutique company with the outreach and resources of a major. We arguably have the most in demand roster in the business and the company as a whole has never been this ''hot.'' Join a winning team and work with some of the best songwriters in the business on their never a dull moment journey to a #1, or #1s for that matter!
Here you'll get to:
• Find and develop Talent that is unsigned to Warner Chappell Music.
• Work with and develop existing songwriters on the Warner Chappell roster.
• Find talent, meet with contacts such as Los Angeles based attorneys, pro reps, artists, producers, publishers, etc.
• Seek and find talent that would be possible signings to the company.
• Find hit songs for artists signed to company.
• Find producer and writer collaborators to help artists create hit songs and make albums for artists signed to company.
• Work with artists that you bring to the company and other artists signed to the company as directed to make hit records and create great creative content for all forms of media.
• Help build and maintain artist careers.
• Represent Warner Chappell in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas but not limited to Los Angeles
• Be available to travel on a regular basis
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Experience in the record industry on an A&R level.
• Experience in dealings within a major label.
• Experience in working with songwriters and producers in the music industry to create hit songs.
• Some college
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.