WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr Director, Rights Management
A little bit about our team:
This is a unique opportunity to join the Global Data Operations (GDO) team at a major record company. We are a dynamic, diverse and dedicated group of professionals with a passion for music. We value hard work, finely tuned listening, and a forward-thinking mindset. GDO is central and therefore liaises with every department in the company.
Why this could be your next big break:
As the Sr. Director, Rights Data Management, you will lead a team of Recorded Music professionals who support operations and business processes related to capturing and managing rights data throughout the company. You'll use your expertise in music rights management to develop, document, and implement data standards as well as data governance policies and documentation. In this role you'll work collaboratively with GDO Leadership, supporting the WMG Rights Management vision, strategy, and roadmap; communicating regularly with stakeholders to understand the needs of downstream customers of Rights data. You'll help drive the deal and rights product roadmap and serve as a change agent, leading high-level discussions on best practices and policies. You'll use your excellent communication skills to collaborate closely with all areas of the business.
Here you'll get to:
• Serve as Product Owner for our Global Deal Database (RAD), responsible for global adoption and deal and rights data entry
• Manage operational group responsible for assisting with RAD data standards, maintenance, reporting, compliance, and training
• Oversee a team of skilled temporary professionals who are entering a specified set of historical US and UK deal data. Additionally, providing insight and support for those managing this process for other territories
• Responsible for maintaining global deal and rights data integrity through a suite of Data Governance training and standards programs
• Liaise with internal departments to determine eligible content for delivery to external data customers (DSPs, RDX/Collection Societies, Fingerprint partners, etc.); enable data quality and accuracy
• Support mergers & acquisitions due diligence related to artist/writer contracts and licenses and oversees resources to ingest associated deal data to Global Deal Database (RAD)
• Develop and manage ongoing the deal data ingestion process for newly acquired catalogs
• You are highly proficient in music contracts and understand the key terms and definitions.
• You have a demonstrated ability to manage a team, work independently and meet deadlines.
• You have excellent multitasking abilities and thrive under pressure.
• You're an effective, polished communicator (both written and verbal).
• You have Rights data management experience.
• You are fluent in the MS-Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• You have experience in managing and delivering change within a globally operating company
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A track record of operational experience within a Rights Management environment
• Prior experience with Deal Data Capture/Deal Summary databases
• Working knowledge of music revenue flow and artist royalties
• Experience working with cloud-based software platforms (e.g., Salesforce)
• Basic knowledge of data and domain modeling; able to describe the business practice and use cases from a data model perspective
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxoe8q-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.