At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr Coordinator, Licensing Admin
A little bit about our team:
The Visual Media Licensing department represents the recorded music rights and offers clients a comprehensive sync licensing service. They work to serve WMG's extensive catalog and the company's frontline recorded music labels by strategically developing new opportunities in film, TV, advertising, video games, and new media.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a Sr. Coordinator of Licensing Administration will have the opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your talents under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decisions. This role will directly report to the VP of Licensing Administration and will be working closely with the licensing team as we collectively carry out our monthly priorities. There will also be daily interaction with sync clients and other departments at the company. This position will impact the team by being an organized and proactive team player with a great ability to integrate a spirited approach to multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare sync licenses and invoices for the use of Warner Music Group master recordings for use in various visual media.
• Analyze, review and resolve license revision requests with clients.
• Manage all aspects of license administration, including tracking outstanding licenses, and tracking the receipt of license fees, royalties and other payments from clients.
• Maintain licensing database.
• Other daily responsibilities may include some or all of the following: manage monthly department sync reports, create artist sync reports and data analysis.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
Demonstrate your outstanding talents by having…
• Strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to handle multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work and being accountable.
• The ability to work well in a team; to think proactively, strategically and analytically; consistently takes initiative; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
• Efficient time managing skills with the ability to adhere to deadlines meanwhile executing tasks accurately.
• An intermediate to high level of drafting skills, be able to proficiently navigate license templates and accurately resolve license issues.
• The ability to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Reflect a high level of professional communication etiquette both internally and/or externally (written and verbal), in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values including the ability effectively interact with clients.
• The ability to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment during normal business hours.
• General computer skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphases in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint; prior experience with any licensing database.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A high school level education, or its equivalent, is required. A baccalaureate or bachelors degree is strongly preferred, preferably with a major in business, augmented by coursework in principles of music business, copyright law and/or related fields.
Work Experience Required:
• A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in the music or entertainment business preferably in synch licensing with at least two (2) years of license drafting experience in addition to having analyzed, reviewed and negotiated licenses, preferably within a Record Label or Music Publishing licensing department.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8eq6-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.