Influencer / Marketing Manager
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr. Analyst Audience/Content Insights.
A little bit about our team:
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within R+A's USA team, working with local affiliates/labels, international teams, and Business Development to understand the trends and dynamics driving major streaming services from the perspective of the fans and listeners who enjoy WMG music. Our goal for this role is to create expert level insight into audience behavior, by helping to establish best practices for data which captures music listening preferences, to gauge the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns on our listeners, and to comprehensively understand and predict listener behavior.
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to some massive amounts of data to help our labels and artists connect with streaming fans. Because the R+A team works closely with labels, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of an international record label - and the chance to influence those decisions with analysis. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinate with labels, analysts and other business stakeholders on delivery of reporting and inference
• Develop new forecasting and audience targeting procedures.
• Communicate findings and insights to key stakeholders to establish best practices, and to guide analysis into action and results.
• Transform data into stories via tailor-made presentations.
• Develop new hypothesis testing and decision making for real-time assessment of audience viewing patterns and performance of music delivery streams.
• Handle various ad hoc requests and projects
• Interact with data engineering teams to identify the data needs for the mathematical models
Rockstar candidates will possess:
• Masters Degree with minimum 2 years of work experience or commensurate in Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Sociology, Quantitative Psychology, Mathematics or similar
• Proficiency in R, Python, SQL
• A results-oriented mind-set with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Hands-on experience with audience data; hands-on experience using targeting models (propensity scoring, look-alike modeling)
Love this job and want to apply?
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here; we think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.