At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations Group provides accounting services and support to WMG's US record labels and businesses.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Senior Accountant of Accounting Operations is responsible for assisting the direct supervisor with the monthly close processes and various tasks related to the financial statements for the business unit(s).
Here you'll get to:
• Perform advanced tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
• Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing or posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
• Perform advanced accounting and financial analyses related to label artist and copyright royalty expense, including ensuring related royalty assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
• Perform direct reviews over staff task and journal preparation
• Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
• Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, with preferred experience in SAP and Hyperion
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with Label Finance, Corporate Finance, and other internal/external parties
• Detail oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical skills in reviewing accounting transactions
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA/BS in Accounting/Finance, CPA a plus
• 4-5 years of experience with a Big 4 CPA firm in auditing and/or entertainment industry experience
• Experience in client service
• Staff oversight experience
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkp95-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.