Job Title: Sr. Accountant 2
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department will be responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations Group will provide accounting services and support to WMG's US record labels and businesses.
The Senior Accountant 2 will be responsible for performing and managing advanced accounting and reporting activities for a specific label/affiliate and reviewing the work of other professional staff. We have transitioned to a hybrid work schedule at this time, allowing our employees to work a combination of in-office and virtual days. These work arrangements will be periodically reviewed based on business needs.
Here you'll get to:
• Review the work of staff members and provide feedback to staff for corrections or improvements required.
• Perform advanced tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
• Approve staff tasks as part of the monthly close process, including reviewing and posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
• Perform accounting and financial analyses related to label artist and copyright royalty expense, including ensuring related royalty assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
• Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
• Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4-6 years of experience in Shared Service or Corporate Accounting and/or experience with a Big 4 CPA firm
We'd love it if you also had:
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience in a Shared Services environment
• Experience working in a SOX controlled environment
• Experience conducting internal & external audits
• Experience with flux analysis and SEC reporting
• Experience performing fixed asset accounting related activities
• Music industry experience a plus
• Strong work-ethic and are a self-starter with effective organizational skills with attention to detail who proactively seeks out new solutions
• Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj96oe-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.