Senior Accountant 2
Why this could be your next big break:
The Senior Accountant 2 will be responsible for performing and managing advanced accounting and reporting activities for a specific label/affiliate and reviewing the work of other professional staff.
Here you'll get to:
• Review the work of staff members and provide feedback to staff for corrections or improvements required.
• Perform advanced tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
• Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing or posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
• Perform accounting and financial analyses related to label artist and copyright royalty expense, including ensuring related royalty assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
• Perform direct reviews over staff task and journal preparation
• Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
• Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5-7 years of experience in Shared Service or Corporate Accounting and/or experience with a Big 4 CPA firm
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience in a Shared Services environment
• Experience working in a SOX controlled environment
• Experience conducting internal & external audits
• Experience with flux analysis and SEC reporting
• Experience performing fixed asset accounting related activities
• Music industry experience a plus
• Strong work-ethic and are a self-starter with effective organizational skills with attention to detail who proactively seeks out new solutions
• Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3ve5x-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.