Associate Digital Strategy
New York, NY
Senior Writer, Corporate Communications
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group's Communications and Marketing team is responsible for elevating the company's internal and external brand and reputation through dynamic storytelling and activations. We proactively pitch and place stories and feature pieces, manage press inquiries, write internal and external announcements, prepare executive remarks, manage the company's social media accounts, host internal and external events, create advertising, and much more. We are a small but mighty team who are dedicated to amplifying and articulating the great work the company has accomplished. And of course, we share a passion for the music artists, songwriters, and labels we support.
Why this could be your next big break:
We seek a Senior Writer to support the department's writing activities. The successful candidate will partner with members of our team and internal stakeholders to research and write press releases, memos on behalf of executives, talking points/scripts, bios, and content for multi-media presentations, among other pieces.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling and strong writing skills with a focus on grammar, punctuation, and style guides. The candidate will write with clarity, voice, and context, and continually look for new ways to keep content and messaging fresh and engaging. This candidate should also have a strong pulse on the entertainment industry and pop-culture and the ability to work collaboratively across different divisions/locations. This role will report into the SVP, Communications & Marketing.
Here you'll get to:
• Research and write high-impact press releases, news items, speeches, talking points, bios, policies, newsletters, and memos on behalf of the company and its executives.
• Ability to work on lively, in-depth feature stories as well as short snackable social media content and graphics.
• Be responsible for the end-to-end editorial process -- ideation, writing, editing, fact-checking, proofreading.
• Write with clarity and context with a journalistic flair.
• Craft clear and distinct voices depending on the brand, business unit, and internal versus external audiences.
• Proofread and edit others' work.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a high pace of activity and deep curiosity about the music industry.
• A high level of flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Ability to collaborate across teams to produce content, brainstorm ideas and uncover news.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 8+ years of related writing experience.
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills.
• Experience writing about the music and/or entertainment industry.
• Journalism/Communications degree and/or experience a plus.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.