Senior Project Manager (Agile/Waterfall)
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
A little bit about our team:
The WMG Global Technology Project Management Office was created to unify the global IT portfolio, program, & project management competencies under one organization. We are responsible for the people, processes, & tools needed to provide these competencies to the global WMG Technology Organization and its customers. We are enabling the move to one unified, global IT organization by establishing & implementing best practices, and maintaining standards related to portfolio, program, & project management, planning, & execution. We provide a central repository for project methods, documentation, and metrics. We strive to improve the consistency, efficiency, and costs of global program & project delivery and to drive improved benefits realization through effective planning.
Why this could be your next big break:
Within the Program Management Office (PMO), the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery and management of projects using an Agile and iterative approach. This includes hands-on management using Agile and Scrum best practices and techniques, as well as leveraging traditional project management skills to ensure our products and services are reliable, delivered on time, and meet growing business demand. The successful candidate will have excellent logic and problem-solving skills and a drive to make a difference. They will be responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and rules of Scrum and Kanban, removing impediments for their team while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work. They will work closely with the project team to ensure high quality software deliveries. Candidates must have the ability to motivate teams and lead them to continuous improvement.
Here you'll get to:
• Ensure proper project planning occurs, including initial scoping, project inception documentation, and initial estimates for scope, effort, cost, and schedule
• Create project plans and execute against them, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Adhering to PMO governance standards, communications, and schedules
• Managing scope creep and change within an Agile &/or Waterfall framework
• Liaison with key business stakeholders
• Meeting and management of key milestones and critical path
• Day-to-day project management
• Budget management and forecasting
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities. Where necessary, negotiate with others to properly allocate required resources to the project
• Ability to motivate and maintain project momentum. Ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget with a high level of customer/business satisfaction
• Generating status and summary reports
• Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards. Ensures Scrum/Agile metrics are captured and made visible to team and stakeholders
• Identify, document, and communicate the stakeholder involvement required to ensure the project's success
• Assists with internal and external communication with a focus on transparency
• Identify and remove impediments
• Manage risks and issues
• Empower the team to self-organize
• Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution
• Plans and facilitates the various Scrum/Kanban meetings (daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective and planning)
• Helps team to choose stories in a sprint, decompose stories into appropriate size tasks, ensures that team does not over commit
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related discipline
• Ability to demonstrate expertise with at least 5 (preferably 7+) years of progressive project/program management experience managing large-scale cross-functional and global project teams
• Agile Certified
• Waterfall framework experience
• Atlassian suite experience
• Demonstrable success at project delivery
• Delivery of both short-term and long-term projects
• Innate capability to create order out of chaos
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and be easy to work with
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Must be a team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
• PMP certified
• Media/Entertainment/Music Industry experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and cross organizational boundaries
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
• Passion for excellence and process improvement
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zvk8-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.