Job Title: Senior Manager, ESG Impact Reporting
Warner Music Group
ESG at Warner Music Group:
Our ESG team works to improve Warner's impact to the planet and to society, while also driving strategic value for the company. We work in close partnership with our business units to advance ESG goals across the company – from reducing our carbon footprint to improving the wellbeing of our employees and creative talent. We also partner with external stakeholders to reinforce our efforts and create meaningful industry-level change. Our job is to inspire and collaborate in order to drive progress, and we see ESG as a strategic business imperative.
We are seeking a strategic go-getter who is passionate about using data to drive impact. In this highly cross-functional role, the individual will work closely with multiple functions and business units to collect and analyze our impact data across key environmental, social, and governance topics. They will then use that data to inform initiatives and activities to drive our ESG strategy and company-wide goals; they will also use that data to support our regulatory and voluntary ESG disclosures. Finally, they will work with the key teams to drive performance against those goals.
• Collect and analyze a variety of data sets that represent our impact on key issues related to environmental, social, and governance topics
• Prepare data and findings for both regulatory and voluntary ESG disclosures (including conversion of financial data into emissions data using carbon accounting methodologies)
• Use analysis to identify trends or issues, and to inform strategic initiatives around the company to drive progress toward ESG goals and targets
• Work with data owners to ensure accuracy of data, identifying and implementing necessary controls where necessary
• Support WMG's transformation from manual to automated ESG data collection and reporting, collaborating with business owners to ensure consistency in data collection; develop and define change management for applicable policies/ guidelines
• Own 2-3 critical initiatives within the ESG portfolio, working closely with relevant business collaborators to implement changes in line with ESG strategy and company goals
• Monitor emerging, global ESG trends and regulations through participation in external forums such as conferences, working groups, and peer collaborations
• Drive innovative solutions to ESG challenges, bringing a solution-oriented vision and partnership attitude in working with rest of the business
• Passion for sustainability, with a focus on driving business value along with societal impact
• Fast learner with a lot of curiosity and a growth-driven mentality
• Advanced analytical capabilities and proficiency with data analysis and data visualization
• Strong planning, project management, and coordination skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a portfolio of activities
• Strong stakeholder management skills; demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams in global corporate environment to influence decisions and drive outcomes
• Familiarity with sustainability standards and frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, CDP, ISSB
• Excellent verbal and written communication, ability to support discussions with senior management on topics ranging from tactical execution to strategic opportunities
• Ability to work in a global capacity and manage projects and programs with teams across multiple time zones and in a matrixed environment.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 6+ years of experience in similar role within Strategy, Sustainability, or Finance teams
We'd love it if you also had:
• Masters in Business or Sustainability
• Experience drafting and publishing corporate ESG reports and/ or familiarity with CDP, DJSI, MSCI, ISS ESG, Sustainalytics, WBA, etc.
• Experience working at a large global, matrixed corporation
This position is based in our NYC office and will require working in the office 4 days a week, in line with our Return to Office policy.
Love this job and want to apply?
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
$90,000 to $110,000 Annually
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance final.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w7n4-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.