Rights Administration, Business and Legal Affairs
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy
Job Title: Senior Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy
Reports To: Sr. Director, Content Protection
Department: Global Digital Accounts
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Digital Account Management team within WEA, Warner Music Group's distribution division.
A little bit about our team:
We provide support to our label and territory partners in rights management, optimization, and content protection to ensure maximum revenue opportunities at our commercial digital partners.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are looking for someone who is eager to interact with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to protect Warner Music Group's content and who is motivated to help our artists maintain control over their release plans. This person is a leader and will help shape a world-class content protection team.
Here you'll get to:
• Collaborate with an international team to provide on-call emergency leak coverage and day-to-day response to repertoire owner requests submitted via our internal e-mail alias to stop infringing activity
• Independently monitor digital platforms and search engines for infringements of Warner Music Group's content
• Conduct and coordinate takedown actions across various Digital Service Providers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
• Draft cease and desist letters to ensure our content is not distributed or sold by unauthorized parties
• Work directly with our internal label partners and International affiliates to manage priority release schedules and maintain content protection best practices
• Coordinate with third-party anti-piracy services and industry trade groups to monitor and protect priority releases
• Receive and create first-seen reports for infringing uploads
• Coordinate with internal label partners, third-party services, and eCommerce platforms to monitor and protect physical merchandise sold across multiple digital platforms and marketplaces
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, & PowerPoint)
• Demonstrate proficiency with internet research and discovery tools
• Stay organized, on task, and motivated
• Learn, dissect, and implement new processes, procedures, and concepts quickly
• Review analysis and translate it into actions
• Work independently
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Law degree and member of a state bar in good standing
• At least 3-5 years of experience with digital content management, anti-piracy, or copyright matters
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.