Vice-President, Consumer and Product Intelligence Solutions
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job title: Senior Manager, Agile Program Delivery
A little bit about our team:
The WMG Global Technology Project Management Office was created to unify the global IT portfolio, program, & project management competencies under one organization. We are responsible for the people, processes, & tools needed to provide these competencies to the global WMG Technology Organization and its customers. We are enabling the move to one unified, global IT organization by establishing & implementing best practices, and maintaining standards related to portfolio, program, & project management, planning, & execution. We provide a central repository for project methods, documentation, and metrics. We strive to improve the consistency, efficiency, and costs of global program & project delivery and to drive improved benefits realization through effective planning.
Why this could be your next big break:
Within the Program Management Office (PMO), the Agile Program Delivery Managers will be responsible for the delivery and management of products and projects within their Portfolio using an Agile and iterative approach. This includes coaching squads on Agile Best Practices, and upholding the standards defined within the PMO Agile Runbook, as well as leveraging traditional project management skills to ensure our products and services are reliable, delivered on time, and meet growing business demand. The successful candidate will have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference. They will be responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and rules of Scrum and SAFe, removing impediments for their team while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work. The Agile Program Delivery Managers will manage a team of Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and Project Managers, driving delivery, adherence to Risk Management controls and adoption of a Scaled Agile Framework. Candidates must have the ability to motivate team members and lead them to continuous improvement.
Here you'll get to:
• Evaluate and advise on Agile Frameworks
• Provide coaching for Squads, Stakeholders and Senior Leaders on Agile Principles
• Adhering to PMO governance standards, communications, and schedules
• Managing scope creep and change within an Agile framework
• Engage stakeholders in achieving business value
• Improve predictability of solution delivery
• Oversee Day-to-day project management and delivery within assigned Portfolios
• Budget management and forecasting
• Maintain responsibility for delivery of Project Teams and Squads within assigned Portfolios
• Ability to motivate and maintain project momentum. Ensure that projects and product releases are completed on time, on budget with a high level of customer/business satisfaction
• Generating status and summary reports
• Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards. Ensures Scrum/Agile metrics are captured and made visible to team and stakeholders
• Identify, document, and communicate the stakeholder involvement required to ensure the project's success
• Assists with internal and external communication with a focus on transparency
• Identify and remove impediments
• Provide guidance surrounding risks and issues within Portfolios, Squads and Projects
• Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution
• Partners with other Agile Program Delivery Managers and Agile Transformation Team to uphold and principles and processes defined in the Agile Runbook
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related discipline
• Ability to demonstrate expertise with minimum 5 years of progressive project/program management experience managing large-scale cross-functional and global project teams
• Demonstrable success at project delivery
• Delivery of both short-term and long-term projects
• Must be a team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and cross-organizational boundaries
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
• Passion for excellence and process improvement
• Innate capability to create order out of chaos
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and be easy to work with
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Agile Certified
• Atlassian suite experience
• Media/Entertainment/Music Industry experience
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.