Manager, Internal Audit & Global Risk Management
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
Senior Director, Tax Planning
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Tax team.
Why this could be your next big break:
As the Senior Director, Tax Planning, you will report to the SVP Global Tax and will be responsible for overseeing the tax planning function. In this position, you will work closely with the SVP Global Tax to further develop a global tax strategy and identify, evaluate and implement opportunities to minimize the global effective tax rate and cash taxes while effectively managing risk from cross-border international, domestic US, state and local, and local country tax perspectives. In this capacity, you also will work collaboratively with the VP's of International and Compliance and Reporting, and business leaders, to understand the tax profile and key business drivers both currently and into the future.
Here you'll get to:
• Advise on U.S M&A for acquisitions, business development and licensing deals, joint ventures, divestitures and restructurings including due diligence, design and implementation of structuring, financing and post-acquisition integration;
• Monitor federal, state, international and OECD legislative and statutory tax changes and evaluate the potential impact to the Company;
• Ensure all tax aspects of tax planning and transactions are properly reported and appropriately disclosed in the tax compliance and tax reporting;
• Oversee modeling of potential planning scenarios;
• Collaborate within the tax department to develop professional tax staff and foster a team-based work environment providing supervision and development opportunities for the team
Rockstar candidates will have:
• In depth understanding of the US international tax regime, including GILTI, FDII, subpart F, foreign tax credit rules and computations, intangible planning including section 367(d) and valuation principles under section 482. In addition, strong subchapter C, withholding, and compliance experience is required;
• Strong experience in international tax concepts such as transfer pricing and BEPS, treaty qualification, and basic working knowledge of non-US tax law in key jurisdictions in Europe, Asia and Latin America;
• Strong research and analytical skills, with expertise in US international tax;
• Strong communication and project management skills. Experience in project management and implementation of multi-jurisdictional tax planning projects is required;
• At least 7-10 years' Big 4 international tax or equivalent experience is required;
• JD and LLM in Tax or CPA plus MST or equivalent;
• Able to handle change in a proactive way
Copyright © 20 19 Warner Music Inc.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.