At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Director PMO Operations
A little bit about our team:
The WMG Global Project Management Organization supports management of all technology-related functions across the globe – from project intake to successful delivery as well as portfolio management, vendor management, and change management.
We are responsible for the people, processes, & tools needed to provide competencies to the global WMG Technology Organization and its customers. As a unified Global Technology organization, we aim to be seen as leaders in planning, execution, and delivery. Alongside with establishing & implementing best practices, maintaining standards related of portfolio, program, & project management, we strive to improve the consistency, effectiveness, and costs of global program & project delivery and to drive strong benefits realization through strategic planning and delivery.
This key senior role will report directly to SVP, Global Project Management Organization, and will be responsible for leading the process, governance, and work management solutions function in support of PMO operations globally for all Warner Music Group technology initiatives.
Why this could be your next big break:
The successful candidate must be able to lead process improvement, productivity tools strategy and adoption practice within PMO as well as within Global Technology as it relates to best practices for Technology Governance, Portfolio and Program Management.
Extensive technology governance experience as strong knowledge of PMBOOK best practices are necessary in order to work with business and technology on establishing the guidelines and transition to an effective operations model.
The role requires process engineering experience, organizational change management as well as business acumen, and team building.
Here you'll get to:
• Lead PMO governance definition, ensure process adoption and training.
• Support Program Delivery functions within PMO in establishing best practices that improve effectiveness and productivity of the respective functions. This will span across portfolio planning, cost estimation approaches, and program execution governance.
• Build a team of highly skilled PMO specialists focused on process, productivity/work management tools, standards, and tools as relates to supporting functions within PMO Operations. Reporting, KPIs, productivity tools, process development and adoption, resource management are the key areas of PMO Operations support.
• Develop and standardize metrics and KPIs across all PMO and Global Technology. Provide reports and dashboards to inform decisions that maximize returns across Global Technology projects and programs.
• Lead the strategy for productivity tools in support of technology and business needs, including PPM platform (Workfront) and Jira adoption, as well as ensuring their proper rollout and adoption. Own the training and communication function within PMO.
• Define the process improvement Roadmap that includes leveraging tools, processes, and people to enable for PMO maturity level evolution. Create scalable and effective processes and measures in place to roll out the best practices globally. Ensure flexibility, measurable results, and innovation are at the forefront of any process changes.
• Own SDLC adoption and Agile governance within Global Technology as well as lead the process as a part of Global WMG Risk Management process and structure, ensuring global compliance and progress.
• Support SVP, Global PMO in leading the strategy and delivery of development, implementation, and maintenance of project management, program management, and portfolio policies, standards, procedures.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Project Management and PMO Operations experience of 10+ years
• PMP certification
• Agile experience
• PPM and other productivity tools governance at the enterprise level experience. Workfront PPM knowledge is a big plus.
• Process development/engineering
• Metric creation and reporting experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to present to C-level
• Team building/ team development
• Effective analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
• Positive ''can-do'' attitude
• Proficient project management software knowledge to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Passionate about PMO and process management.
• Organizational Change Management experience.
• Strategic thinker.
• Entrepreneurial leader.
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios, and are someone who sees 'ambiguity' as an opportunity rather than a hurdle
• Thought leadership, critical thinking, communication, accountability, analytical, and teamwork skills.
• Thrives in a complex dynamic and creative environment
• True change agent – not intimidated by challenges of the unknown
• Challenge status quo
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5znb3-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.