A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world's leading distributor of independent music. We strive to be a valuable partner to our label clients, guiding them to success across the commercial and marketing space, as well as providing a suite of label services from publicity to radio promotion. We work globally to deliver high-impact opportunities, and work to ensure reliable and visible content pipelines around the world.
As ADA's first dedicated analyst, you will be instrumental in modernizing the way we work and unlocking the power of our staff's expertise to help us scale globally. You will report centrally to the Chief of Staff, and work with various data tools and support teams to bring data into the fabric of day to day operations
This is a global role that will sit within the central team but work across multiple verticals to solve problems, bring value, and implement process in equal measure. You will get the chance to provide opportunities and strategy recommendations to our label partners, dig into unfamiliar data sets, and implement process where none previously existed. You will get to be the translator between data and our business stakeholders, providing invaluable perspective on our growing business.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with the executive, commercial, and marketing teams to provide reporting, tools, and ad-hoc analyses that support a distribution business
• Provide high-touch analyses to our label partners, identifying commercial strategies and opportunities, with a focus on actionable recommendations
• Work with business stakeholders to create effective partner insights reviews to educate our internal teams and our label partners
• Liaise with BI tool developers to create dashboards that provide clear and valuable takeaways for business users
• Liaise with the data science and analytics team to take advantage of advanced modeling and workflows
• Train internal users, and in some cases label partners on data tools and dashboards
• Solicit feedback and synthesize requirements to accurately prioritize requests and provide timely deliverables to business users
• You have 2-3 years experience as a data analyst, with a focus on actionable insights and creative analyses
• You are comfortable creating a data narrative with compelling visualizations and actionable takeaways
• You have demonstrably strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability; portfolio of relevant work appreciated
• You are SQL proficient, with a comfortability navigating relational databases
• You have expertise with at least one BI tool such as Tableau, Looker, or similar
• Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
• You enjoy being an independent operator who can employ critical thinking and problem solving, but knows how to use the resources at their disposal to get the job done
• You are relentlessly curious about what insights exist within large data sets, and the ability to communicate those insight to a non-technical audience
We'd love it if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• A passion for music, with a working knowledge of the current consumption landscape
• Experience working in the music distribution space
• Experience working with Data Science frameworks
• Working knowledge of Python and/or R a big plus
$80,000 to $95,000 Annually
Salary Ranges are included for all NY, California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83n0q-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.