At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Royalty Income Analyst
A little bit about our team:
We are a global music publishing company, home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. Royalties Processing operates within Warner Chappell Music, interacting with numerous departments (Finance, Legal and Copyright), daily. With us, you'll develop a comprehensive understanding of royalties administration while having fun and working on some of the most iconic songs ever written!
This role is responsible for a variety of technical royalty tasks including dealing with Domestic and Canadian performing rights societies, overseas affiliates, IT requests, cash book reconciliation, suspense research and statement dispatch.
Here you'll get to:
You wil be responsible for….
• The reconcilitation, payment, and management of US and Canadian royalties.
• Monthly, Quarterly and Bi-Yearly reconciling of royalty income.
• Analyzing and loading of local societal and record company data files.
• Creating, inputting and supervising statement processing for the US and Canada.
• Responsible for specific areas of Royalty Processing and able to process royalty inquiries received from a variety of sources, to undertake relevant research and respond in a timely manner.
• Ability to work with and analyze a wide variety of file formats. i.e. Excel, txt and DAT files.
• Conduct independent suspense research related projects.
• Responsible for efficient administration of US and Canadian royalties maintaining effective working relationships with partners, both internal and external.
• Responsible for maintaining good filing/archival system built to to assist in any open audits.
• Assist in other general department issues as the pressure of work dictates.
• Offer strong support to the Royalty Processing Director on issues that arise and projects as necessary.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Proven experience with music administration, ideally publishing or a collection society.
• Background in finance either through work experience or formal qualifications.
• Good understanding of Music Publishing and Performing Rights Society practices.
• Advanced computer literacy on reporting packs such as Excel and Tableau.
• Good working knowledge of royalty calculations and use of rates.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent mathematical skills, with the ability to calculate royalty income accounting.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• A proactive, flexible attitude, with a desire to learn and progress.
• Ability to cope with a number of projects simultaneously and be able to work under pressure.
• Basic understanding of coding / programming languages.
• Natural curiosity and drive to understand/resolve root issues.
• Ability to work/troubleshoot both in group and independent settings.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d541we-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.