Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Royalties Administrator
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, you are responsible for performing research and analysis relating to client royalty accounts, as part of the Royalties Payable team at Warner Chappell. Your job is the final rung on the administrative ladder – what we do on this team affects the distribution of client payments and statements, and establishes the terms of our client relations. Our team's services include paying and distributing royalties, obtaining tax forms, setting up vendor maintenance, and general administrative mantinance. As a Royalty Administrator, you will report to the Royalties Payable Manager as part of the larger Royalty Department at WCM.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are looking for a vital member to join our Royalties Payable team in our Los Angeles location – this person will be the point person for client contact within our department and through that experience, you will meet and work with a multitude of internal and external contacts across the globe, including songwriters, artists and their representatives. If you are highly motivated, interested in pursueing client relations and have a love for music, this role is for you.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be the first point of contact for all client inquiries received through Royalties Hotline and via email.
• You will work as part of the Royalties Payable team to coordinate and distribute quarterly and semi-annual client statements for the US and Canada.
• You will be the main point of contact for our Client Portal – includes onboarding, Portal overviews with external / internal contacts and account maintenance
• You will be involved with income research, preparing royalty adjustments, rate corrections and income reversals as needed on client accounts.
• You will update the system to implement client changes on amended, expired or co-administration deals.
• You will handles special project as assigned by supervisor.
• You will handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• You are passionate about client relations and the variety of artists we represent! It would be ideal if you had two (2) to three (3) years of customer service experience with a focus in accounts payable, royalty statements, billing processes and analysis, or, a satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
• You have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphases in Excel and Word; knowledge of general business practices.
• You posess a strong work ethic with strong organization skills and a high level attention to detail, including royalty deadlines and timelines.
• You have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in relaying information to both internal and external contacts, communicating in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• You demonstrate the ability to self-start and self-motivate while handling diverse assignments
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have a baccalaureate degree with a major in business management; coursework to have included principles of accounting and/or bookkeeping procedures, arithmetical analysis, or computations and/or related systems is strongly preferred.
• Ability to think ahead and brainstorm effective / efficient processes for the team's day-to-day tasks.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5562-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.