Regional (US/LatAm) Finance Director - Bilingual
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Regional Finance Director
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department at Latin America (LatAm) Regional Office is responsible for overseeing all the financial operations of the LatAm Region (including US Latin) in partnership with the finance groups within the individual territories. The department's primary functions include financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, strategic initiatives and financial and control compliance.
Why this could be your next big break:
Based in our Miami office, the Regional Finance Director is responsible for supporting the financial reporting of the LatAm Region's operations, including monthly actual results, monthly forecasts, annual budget, and cash forecasting. In addition, this position will work as a partner with the affiliates' Finance Directors in the analysis, discussion and implementation of various initiatives and projects. This position reports to the Regional CFO.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the LatAm Region's finance team with their financial reporting requirements including monthly actual results, monthly forecasts, and annual budget including submissions, deliverables and review meetings.
• Analyze the annual budget and monthly forecasts prepared by the affiliates prior to submission
• Update Regional budget/forecasts templates and send to affiliates for completion for CFO review prior to submission.
• Participate in the forecast, budget and strategic planning meetings and manage resulting deliverables and action items.
• Consolidate budget/forecast package and provide to Regional senior management with insight into variances vs. prior forecasts and periods, revenue growth and composition, artist profitability, A&R investment and other areas, prior to submission.
• Participate in Regional presentations for Budget and Forecasts to Senior Management.
• Perform a review of monthly actual results (P&L and BS) and discuss with business unit CFO's and finance teams to understand variances from expectations (forecast/budget) and summarize results and provide to Senior Management.
• Prepare monthly market analysis for Latin America including industry genre trends and sales composition and provide to senior management.
• Participate in Financial Review Meetings with Corporate and resolve outstanding items if any.
• Assist in reviewing bi-weekly cash forecast from affiliates prior to submission.
• Assist in performing due diligences for potential acquisitions or strategic alliances.
• Partner with the affiliates to discuss the financial impact of new signings and participate in the approval process.
• Assist in reviewing findings from industry compliance audits and resolving any outstanding items to conclude the audits.
• Assist in the accounting and reporting processes of the US Latin affiliate including monthly close process, and monthly financial package for actuals and forecasts.
• Prepare various ad-hoc analyses and participate in various projects when required.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
• Minimum of 10 years of Finance/Accounting experience, with at least 5 years of experience within public accounting and a large global company
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
• Experience in Finance in Latin American territories
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting regulations and standards
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and cultivate and develop key relationships
• Ability to work without supervision and resolve problems independently
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to present financial information effectively and in a creative manner
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and delegate as needed
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required along with the ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, and staff
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Music or other media/entertainment industry experience
• Experience with SAP and HFM
• Master's Degree in Finance/Accounting
• CPA designated
• Portuguese fluency (verbal/written) is advantageous
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkvq8-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.