At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Production Manager
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists and award-winning original video, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music and Lifestyle. UPROXX Studios, our in-house production division, programs a slate of award-winning original series and collaborates with our partners to create the most engaging and sharable content in the digital space.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role, you will work in tandem with the Director of Production supporting branded and original content production at UPROXX. The ideal candidate will be passionate about production, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage approved budgets for branded and original content
• Complete contracts, permissions, permits, and risk assessments
• Create and manage Production Schedule on assigned projects through post
• Ensure production for assigned projects runs according to schedule and within budget
• Manage and hire crew members for assigned projects
• Work closely with the Production team and department leads, keeping them informed of any issues or needs.
• Prepare vendor set up documents, contracts, crew start package and payroll
• Create, update, and proactively maintain internal and external production resources and documents
• Coordinate the onboarding of the UPROXX ecosystem, process, tools and resources for freelance crew
• Assist in creating repeatable processes to improve efficiencies
• Work on special research projects on an ad hoc basis
• 3 + years of experience in physical production management at a major media company, network, or studio
• A self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously being a resource on several projects at a time
• Solid understanding of budgeting, scheduling, and cost reports.
• Understands the mechanics of how production at a digital production studio is run.
• Familiarity with the digital video and social media landscape.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task while under pressure
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Dropbox. Familiarity with Point Zero budget, Hot Budget, Movie Magic Budgeting, and scheduling beneficial but not required.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Basic knowledge in post-production workflow
• Understanding of camera, audio, grip/lighting equipment
• BA/BS Degree
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez405-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.