At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orientated mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Product Owner Director (Production Music systems)
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Chappell Global Strategic Integration and Operations (SI&O) team is a small but mighty team focused on delivering and implementing business objectives. Working closely with our global leaders, we are responsible for driving and embedding our global business strategy. Technology is a very important part of our strategy, developing systems and products to amplify our business. This will be one of eight Warner Chappell Music's (WCM's) product owners. The Product Owner Director will drive integration and adoption of our in-house created system which is key to our technology portfolio.
Reporting to VP, Head of Product, the Product Owner is responsible for helping prioritize and maintain the assigned product(s) and keep requirements aligned to strategic roadmaps. This role will make an impact by supporting Products amplifying our global Production Music department. Experience working within Production Music is strongly encouraged.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with Portfolio Owner, stakeholders, and development teams to break-down epic-level user stories into detail-level stories consumable and testable by an agile tech team / squad
• Own, prioritize, and maintain the product and project backlog, including definition of epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria to achieve product vision. This includes business case, outcomes, and metrics to measure success
• Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team of scrum master, designers, business analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop and execute against technology roadmaps and product and project plans
• Collaborate with user subject matter experts in usability testing and the development of the user design
• Responsible for roadmap creation, implementation and presentation. Central point of contact for communications between the development squad and the business stakeholders regarding any changes and updates to the system/product.
• Prepare features for sprint planning, create use/test cases for new feature/enhancement requests, perform necessary smoke testing on newly developed features prior to story acceptance/rejection and turning it over to the business users. Provide guidance to QA and Dev team direction on how to test and validate the implemented feature appropriately.
• Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of defects and obstacles, including providing key input on the decisions to fix or defer
• Review, accept, and prioritize feedback and new requirements from product and project stakeholders
• Work with team members to ensure the product functionality is appropriately documented, prioritized, and sequenced
• Assist customer support teams and develop and implement trainings and communications that allow partners and internal clients to better understand the products and changes that were made
• Responsible for meeting compliance and risk management standards of product.
• Translate and detail OKR's into Business Outcomes and KPI's.
• Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
Subject Matter Expertise
• Act as the subject-matter expert
• Demonstrate expertise in one's respective domain; stay abreast on trends in customer needs and expectations
• Provide input into the strategic product roadmap owned by portfolio management by leveraging knowledge of the products value stream and system interactions to identify when new features or product changes are needed to achieve business outcomes
• Provide input to Product Managers for necessary changes or product backlog items coming out of scrum development that need to be considered on a future roadmap
• Use business acumen to translate business value from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution
• Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent large-scale program development work experience
• 5+ years' experience in leading teams or process improvement initiates
• Strong leadership and teaming skills
• Experience leading product development for a global product
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results- strong project management and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to excel in a large, matrix environment
• Strong attention to detail and focuses on root-cause analysis
• Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills demonstrated through experience and results
We'd love it if you also had:
• Agile certifications such as Product Manager or Product Owner preferred
• Experience collaborating with teams comprised of both on-shore and off-shore models is recommended
• 3 years' experience successfully delivering products utilizing an Agile Delivery methodology
• Business acumen to be able to translate business value from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution – creative – strategic thinker
• Experience with backlog creation and management in common tools (AzureDevOps, VSTS, Jira, etc.)
• Hands on experience with process improvement methodologies (Lean, 6Sigma, etc.)
• Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1935y-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.