At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orientated mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Product Owner Director (Administration royalty systems)
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Chappell Global Strategic Integration and Operations (SI&O) team is a small but mighty team focused on delivering and implementing business objectives. Working closely with our global leaders, we are responsible for driving and embedding our global business strategy. Technology is a very important part of our strategy, developing systems and products to amplify our business. This will be one of eight Warner Chappell Music's (WCM's) product owners. The Product Owner Director will drive integration and adoption of our in-house created system which is key to our technology portfolio.
Reporting to VP, Head of Product, the Product Owner is responsible for helping prioritize and maintain the royalty functionality within Warner Chappell's proprietary deals-based copyright and royalty system Tango, focused on back-end technology, keeping requirements aligned to strategic roadmaps. This role will make an impact by ensuring our royalties and payments are processing accurately and efficiently while meeting business needs and industry standards. This is a critical role for the business, amplifying our global Administration department. Experience in Music Publishing with Administration, Royalties, and/or back-end financial systems is strongly preferred.
Here you'll get to:
• Together with the Tango Product Owner – Core, steward the design, build and delivery of royalty functionality to meet Warner Chappell's strategic business objectives and vision
• Work with Tango Product Owner – Core, Portfolio Owner, stakeholders, and development teams using Agile methodology
• Own, prioritize, and maintain the product and project backlog, including definition of epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria, and tech specs to achieve product vision; This includes business case, outcomes, and metrics to measure success
• Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team of scrum master, designers, business analysts, developers, testers, and others to develop and execute against technology roadmaps and product and project plans
• Collaborate with business user subject matter experts in usability testing
• Responsible for roadmap creation, implementation and presentation. Central point of contact for communications between the development squad and the business stakeholders regarding any changes and updates to the system/product.
• Prepare features for sprint planning, create use/test cases for new feature/enhancement requests, perform necessary smoke testing on newly developed features prior to story acceptance/rejection and turning it over to the business users. Provide guidance to QA and Dev team direction on how to test and validate the implemented feature appropriately.
• Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of defects and obstacles, including providing key input on the decisions to fix or defer
• Review, accept, and prioritize feedback and new requirements from product and project stakeholders
• Work with team members to ensure the product functionality is appropriately documented, prioritized, and sequenced
• Assist customer support teams and develop and implement trainings and communications that allow partners and internal clients to better understand the products and changes that were made
• Responsible for meeting compliance and risk management standards of product.
• Translate and detail OKR's into Business Outcomes and KPI's.
Subject Matter Expertise
• Act as the subject-matter expert for our royalty system
• Demonstrate expertise in your respective domain; stay abreast on trends in customer needs and expectations
• Provide input into the strategic product roadmap owned by portfolio management by leveraging knowledge of the product's value stream and system interactions to identify when new features or product changes are needed to achieve business outcomes
• Provide input for necessary changes or product backlog items coming out of scrum development that need to be considered on a future roadmap
• Use business acumen to translate business value from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution
• Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent large-scale program development work experience
• 5+ years' experience in leading teams or process improvement initiates
• Strong leadership and teaming skills
• Ability to write well-defined user stories, use cases, and acceptance criteria for back-end technology platforms
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results- strong project management and multi-tasking skills
• Business acumen to be able to translate business value from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution – creative – strategic thinker
• Experience with backlog creation and management in common tools (AzureDevOps, VSTS, Jira, etc.)
• Understanding of fundamentals of software deployment best practices, quality assurance protocols, challenges and methodology regarding solution implementation and technical documentation
• Must be excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management
• SQL query experiences strongly encouraged
• Ability to excel in a large, matrix environment
• Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills demonstrated through experience and results
• Highly organised and process-driven with strong attention to detail
• The ability to join dots and think laterally; you can undertake root-cause analysis and understand both the upstream and downstream impact of changes
• A fast learner who grasps concepts quickly
• Versatile and responsive, with the agility to move quickly between different subjects and assume different roles
• A natural agent of change, not afraid to challenge the status quo
• A high-level of numeracy
• Working knowledge of rights management, royalty collection, processing and distributions
• A solid understanding of the principles of intellectual property, co
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qwn9-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.