At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Photo Researcher, Creative Services (Consultant)
A little bit about our team:
Rhino Creative Services is the art and production hub for the Global Catalog development arm of WMG. The creative team handles ideation and creation of physical products, art for digital offerings, marketing assets, and campaign tools for worldwide initiatives. We have the good fortune of working on projects that include the greatest artists ever to be part of the WMG family of labels.
Why this could be your next big break:
Photo Researcher, Creative Services (Rhino/Global Catalog). This is a full-time, 1 year, contract position that reports to the VP, Creative Services. This person would be primarily responsible for fielding photography requests from all areas of the company and is entrusted to research and connect with photographers, photo agencies, stock photo companies, etc., to gather images. They would also negotiate terms and work with internal teams to license.
Here you'll get to:
• Be the designated point person for all internal photo inquiries
• Help create a process by which requests are ingested and scheduled
• Be charged with finding and contacting photographers, photo agencies, stock photo companies, etc. to curate available images
• Facilitate vendor setups and relay details to our lawyers for contract creation/execution
• Collaborate with our internal archivists/librarians on content in our vault
• Work closely with the business affairs team to determine rights on historical material (art and photos)
• Track costs and clearances
• Develop and maintain a photo database including notes and contact information
• Be available to advise staff on specific projects and best practices
• You have 2+ years of related experience
• You have a background in photography, preferably music related
• You've demonstrated an ability to work collaboratively to establish trust and rapport with external partners
• You have a working knowledge of Photoshop with some ability to make edits
• You understand specific delivery needs including file formats and resolution
• You are able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and responsibilities
• You have a passion for photography and the desire to share acquired knowledge with the staff
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A degree/certificate from an institution of higher learning (photography/art/journalism)
• Advanced skills in photo editing and retouching
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw80ek-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.