A little bit about our team:
Our team sets up, schedules and gets all the pieces in place for new digital releases to be delivered to digital service providers like Spotify, Apple, etc. and for new physical releases, mostly CDs & vinyl, to be manufactured. This role is focused on the credits and metadata for these releases. You would be working closely with fellow team members who handle scheduling and traffic as well as key label personnel. Your work will be vital to having correct information as part of commercial offerings and in our databases.
Your work will drive many areas like whether the correct song titles appear on the back of a CD to whether a user generated video of a WMG track is permitted to be uploaded to YouTube. You will be part of a team of professionals but will have responsibility for your own projects, handle multiple tasks and juggle various priorities.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be the person in charge of label copy for your projects. You'll secure the credits from the label, clarify any inconsistencies or oddities, compile the credits into a usable format which you'll route for approval and then distribute to those coordinating physical packaging and everyone else who needs it.
• You will manage the label copy as a live document that's always changing by updating it as needed, filling requests from label Publicity department, Billboard, those working on Grammy submissions, and others. You'll manage keeping updated copies archived for future reference.
• You will proofread metadata for accuracy before digital products are sent to DSPs. You'll also proofread the copy on layouts of physical packaging and any DVD menu screens.
• You will enter new release information into the company's central database that feeds other databases to ensure accurate setup details are used company-wide. This will sometimes require researching any missing setup criteria, adjusting metadata so it meets the style guide requirements from various DSPs, and troubleshooting issues with validation at DSPs.
• You will create and distribute ISRC reports as a reference for the Studio to process audio and others as critical information on albums, mixtapes, and EPs.
• You will be the point person for managing the security of metadata and some new release information as needed on high-profile artists.
• You have strong attention to detail.
• You have outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize your workload.
• You have the ability to turn last minute projects around quickly on a tight deadline.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You have the ability and willingness to work late and/or off hours if a project requires it.
• You have excellent proofreading skills.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Editorial, publishing or similar background
• A college degree or relevant work experience preferred
• 3-5 years experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9v3p-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.