At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences Group functions as a centralized, in-house creative agency for the Warner Recorded Music roster as well as for third party artists who need our expertise. This team is responsible for the development of programs to grow 1) fan engagement across digital, social, gaming and emerging platforms,
cultural resonance, and 3) revenue and market share for artists. This happens through merchandising, ticketing, subscriptions, content, collaborations, and more. Turning label and artist goals into ''must-have'' experiences for fans.
Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences is a global team with a simple ethos: put the Artist at the center. Our team is made up of marketers, strategists, graphic designers, and engineers. We are creative and detail-obsessed. Above all, we are music fans - unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. We are passionate champions of our artists, and we work tirelessly to deliver for them every album cycle, every tour, every day.
We are flexible, agile and strategic. Our global sales and marketing teams provide a broad suite of expert commercial and marketing knowledge. We utilize the latest digital marketing technology, develop infrastructure and execute strategy through consumer analytics, email marketing and CRM expertise that turns the artist goals into memorable experiences for fans.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Marketing Director, Artist Experiences works directly with the artist and their teams to develop their brand and grow their business in the marketplace across merchandise, ticketing, content, collaborations and more. This is an artist marketing role focused on innovation, inspired by music and style trends, and centered on artist rights. The Marketing Director will develop marketing strategies that deliver business outcomes and will be supported by the production, sourcing and product development teams. This leader will create cohesive go to market plans and experiences that generate fan engagement, earned media and incremental revenue throughout the entire lifecycle of an artist's projects. You will collaborate with the entire Label staff supporting that artist -- Executives, Product Managers, Business Affairs, Marketers, A&R. You will also work closely with the Artist and their representation, Managers, Agents, Lawyers to extend the artists brand into the marketplace with outside brand partnerships, merchandising and content collaborations.
Here you'll get to:
• Partner with SVP, Label executives, Artist(s), Brands, Platforms and Operations to ideate and develop go to market plans that drive fan engagement, earned media, and incremental revenue
• Serve as the primary label and WEA liaison driving full funnel marketing strategies and campaign narratives for your roster
• Develop artist brand profiles in partnership with Creative Director and the Audience/Analytics team to inform brand and business strategy
• Pitch stakeholders and receive buy-in to secure approvals for all aspects of developed strategy
• Work collaboratively with your immediate team members – Creative Director and Account Director – to ensure cohesion and see all programs through from conceptualization to execution
• Successfully deliver measurable fan-centric experiences that create loyalty between fans and artists
• Understand the impact of programs and communicate value delivered to appropriate stakeholders
• Foster close, positive relationships with all stakeholders, internally and externally including Label and WEA counterparts and Artists and Artist management
• Liaise with other Marketing strategists to share learnings, best in class practices and resources
• You are a motivated team player
• You are data driven and have a deep understanding of fans and shaping culture
• You are passionate about music and have experience working with talent
• You are a creative problem solver who can course correct as circumstances change
• You have past experience that exhibits your independent thinking, high personal standards, creative eye, and ability to work on a cross-functional team
• You are a strategic thinker and creative marketer who is able to connect dots to create the bigger picture
• You have strong leadership, relationship building & problem-solving skills
• You are an effective communicator who can convey information efficiently at various levels of leadership and cross departmentally
• You have excellent time management, follow-up, and organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload, and a strong attention to detail.
• You are self-motivated, able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• You enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and embrace change
• You are results oriented and focused on outcomes
• You understand the importance of the narrative and are a storyteller yourself
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5+ years of marketing, business development or comparable relevant experience at an agency or in the music/entertainment industry
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience working cross-functionally within a larger team
• Bachelor's degree in related field, from an accredited college or university preferred
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn5wo-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.