At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Director, Marketing (Urban Music)
A little bit about our team:
The Marketing department is the chief holder of information on the status of an individual project scheduled to be released into the marketplace. Primary focus lies in discovering effective advertising avenues, market research, dissemination of useful information to fellow staff members and partner labels.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop, create and execute marketing plans on assigned projects, in partnership with all departments
• Set specific project goals in conjunction with all departments (revenue targets, social reach, cultural impact, etc.) and continuously update status of these goals and expectations company wide.
• Help create and implement strategies around an artists positioning in the marketplace, content creation, release timing, general creative direction, social footprint, etc.
• Act as primary liaison between the artist/management and the label for all day to day marketing issues.
• Constantly review real-time data and draw actionable conclusions to reach set goals, managing fluid marketing plans that extend out 12 months or more
• Coordinate artist schedules (in conjunction with tour marketing) for special events, promotional visits, performances, video/photo shoots, etc.
• Develop project budgets in conjunction with finance team and department heads, managing spend and insuring fiscal responsibility
• Help develop strategic partnerships for our artists and projects, including in the sports, LGBTQ, club, retail, and lifestyle spaces
• At least 4 years of marketing experience
• 4 year undergraduate degree
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkxb3-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.