At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, New Business & Ventures – Gaming and Immersive Media
A little bit about our team:
New Business & Ventures is responsible for developing strategy and executing partnerships, content license deals, and investments to grow WMG's distribution network and revenue beyond core music streaming by engaging music fans in scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities in the social and gaming ecosystems. The team's global directive places it at the core of the constantly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with experimenting with emerging technologies and leading all aspects of WMG's relationships and initiatives within the startup ecosystem.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role, you will combine your analytical skills and industry knowledge to support our ongoing partnerships and strategies in gaming and immersive media. The ideal candidate is passionate about gaming and the ways it intersects with music, technology, and consumer behavior. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge deals at one of the world's most celebrated entertainment companies.
Here you'll get to:
• Stay apprised of new technology and consumer trends in gaming, game development, e-sports, and other immersive media.
• Explore and evaluate emerging social and interactive platforms and experiences, including understanding the unique feature sets of each.
• Build financial models to evaluate industry trends, categories, different revenue streams or products, and to support key deal discussions..
• Assist senior deal leads in the negotiation and execution of licensing deals and investments.
• Coordinate and work closely with WMG's data and research teams.
• Analyze data to understand key trends in the digital space.
• Drive presentations to communicate analysis to business development team and key WMG decision-makers (e.g. C-suite, label heads, etc.).
• Assist in developing new business strategies and creating innovative business models.
• 3-6 years of relevant professional experience.
• In-depth knowledge of, and enthusiasm about, the gaming industry.
• Sophisticated financial modeling ability.
• Able to translate quantitative models and analysis into cohesive insights.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience conducting deal-driven analysis and industry/category/company analysis.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Strong project management skills, including aptitude in multi-tasking and running multiple projects.
• Proactive approach and strong work ethic.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Consulting, investment banking, or other corporate deal-related experience preferred.
• Experience in deal sourcing and research, having generated and qualified leads for deals.
• Experience and interest in the music industry.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq84kx-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.